Monday, November 18, 2013

The Heirs Review (Ep 1-12)


Gosh. Am I writing review? Yes? I think I should do more. First time in English for a kdrama review and here it goes!


Initially Lee Bona was a devil to me. But now I realized she's actually soft-hearted as she witnessed Choi Youngdo was a bastard and started to take Eunsang's side. She even allowed and wanted his bf, Chanyoung or Kim Tan to pop up when Eunsang was in real trouble. Later even kept Eunsang overnight at her room. I was surprised that Yu Rachel is worse. She never feel bad for Eunsang and is willing to pay any price to get Kim Tan back. (Though Kim Tan is never hers!)

  
(Rachel Yoo/Kim Ji Won & Lee Bona/Krystal Jung)

About Kim Tan, besides his hotness, he's really daring and courageous in expressing his own feelings. I was impressed with how he confessed to Eunsang directly and later informed Yu Rachel and Choi Youngdo without hesitation. I bet he's gonna let the whole world know if Eunsang says yes to him.


Besides, Kim Tan even hugged his cold hearted elder brother to express his love with no doubt. I felt a bit awkward to watch as it looks a bit bromance to me. Lol

The Heirs Episode 7 Review: Lee Min Ho Hugs Choi Jin Hyuk “I’m Not Fighting with You”

Trailers and spoilers always ruin my beautiful expectation. But The Heirs did not!! The hit impacts greatly. Got me flipped every episode. I almost couldn't catch up with my own breath. In the preview, Rachel is gonna cancel the engagement with Tan! For she wants to see is Tan able to abandon his everything for a poor girl like Eunsang for the sake of Love. OMGosh. Never that soon in dramas! Told you The Heirs is a must watch teen love story!!

Back to the sweet scenes. There are some and one I enjoyed is Kim Tan watching Eunsang sleeping. He did it twice by gazing at her but you can't tell what's on his mind! I really love how Kim Tan and Eunsang tease one another which shows Eunsang doesn't hate Kim Tan and is actually waiting Kim Tan to do more or waiting herself to get ready for this romance!


I like how this drama throws me up and down. Most of all, it never drag. Some scenes seemed to be slow but in fact the story runs very fast and you might not able to guess what's next. How the plot develops truly thrills me. I can rewatch my favorite scenes again and again. You can imagine how I replay the episodes and non stop giggling over the same thing.


In the previous episodes, I really dislike how the story went especially at the school. Everything changed when they came back to Korea. I wish Kim Tan and Eunsang could just stay in Hollywood forever and ever. But fortunately the scriptwriter has stopped torturing my nerves as things getting better and real romance coming in! Even just Kim Tan walking slowly behind Eunsang, carefuly followed her steps can create hundreds of butterflies in my tummy.


I guess Eunsang has difficulties to respond towards Kim Tan for she herself is too exhausted and busy with her life to figure out her guinene feelings. Like she told Chanyoung in the first episode, because of her poor background, Boy Girl Relationship (BGR) is really a luxury to her.

I really love this laundry room scene~ Tho he didn't make it but it was truly thrilling!

Everybody got flipped when this scene was released.

There was something really special in this drama to me - the Bad Guy: Choi Youngdo/Kim Woo Bin. I never ever like the second guy in any films because I always go for the first guy since it has already been fated by the scriptwriter. Suddenly I found Choi Youngdo interesting or rather charming! Of course I still dislike the way he boasts and attacks Kim Tan but there are something in him which is irresistible! I was surprised to find that the swimming pool scene could flutter me before he let go and dropped her into the pool. = = I realized it was hard to hate Youngdo because I cannot predict what is he going to do next! How could I fell for a bad guy!? I must be sick. LOL = =


Besides Kim Tan, Eunsang and Youngdo, there are other love lines in this drama: Chanyoung and Bona, Kim Won and Hyunjoo, Hyungsik and Hyunjoo. Of course I only ship Kim Tan and Eunsang tho others are sweet too. Haha.


I agree with what Kim Tan said about himself of acting and thinking very fast. He realized he has fell for Eunsang, he found out Eunsang staying at his house first, he confessed to Eunsang and informed the two stepbro and sis himself, he sensed Youngdo is aiming at Eunsang instead of him, he expressed his affection towards Eunsang as much and as many times as possible. He figure things out too quickly! (Though he's a bit harsh towards Eunsang, he's always fast to grab chances. Ah. That's what I like about him too. Haha.) 


In the latest episode 12, he confronted his parents by revealing his real birth mother in front of Rachel's family and broke the engagement. I have never ever seen such impacting antagonism in all the past Korean dramas I've watched. Moreover, he's just an 18 teen. Not even the extremely wealthy adult Kim Joo Won (Secret Garden) or the Shinhwa Prince Gu Jun Pyo (Boys Over Flowers) could do this! It was real brave. Lee Min Ho you are really awesome and brought Kim Tan alive! Not forgetting Park Shin Hye, she too is a great actor. Her facial expressions could just pass all the emotions to your heart.

Except the nerve wrecking story, of course there are some funny scenes for relief!
LOL
Above all I believe it's their excellence of acting which is the only thing can bring all the characters alive. Either good or bad characters have been portrait so well. Usually the characters in a drama don't work things out that quick, mostly are dumbfounded later. We can tell The Heirs is So Simple but Different at the same time. Thus I'm really looking forward to what the scriptwriter and director will present to us in the coming series. Cheers!

My favourite camp fire scene so far ❤

So far this drama has released 6 parts of OST and recently a Compiled Part 1.

Lee Hong Ki - I'm Saying
Bromance - Love Is...
2AM Changmin - Moment
2Young - Serendipity
Esna - Biting My Lower Lip
Park Shin Hye - Story
Moon Myung Jin - Crying Again
Lee Min Ho, Zzzangg!! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment